Bars and restaurants around the world are coming up with creative ways to generate cashflow and feed hungry individuals and families stuck in their homes under quarantine. While most started with drive thru, pick up, and delivery options, many operators are now pushing creativity to the limit with contactless meal kit pick-up and delivery.
Kits can be priced in a variety of ways, from a set price for a “box for two” or a “box for four” or as a flexible “price per person” option. Below are some creative meal kits to get you started:
- Boozy Brunch Box – Combine favorite brunch dishes with champagne and orange juice
- Immunity Booster – Fresh greens, oranges, juices, herbs, etc.
- Pal & Pup Package – A meal for you and your pet
- Taco Bout’ A Night In – Taco night kit with family dinner discussion prompts
- Romantic Date Night In – Bottle of wine, appetizer and entrees for 2 (perhaps add some funny instructions on how to be romantic at home)
- Birthday Bash – Appetizer, Entree and a Fabulous Desert packed with candles
- Happy Hour at Home with “Friends” – Choose your BFFs from Jim, Jack and Jose (Jim Bean, Jack Daniels, and Jose Cuervo) and package 3 appetizers
- Mexican Happy Hour at Home – Pitcher of Margarita, chips and salsa, guac and four tacos
- Family of Four Comfort Meal – appetizer, fried chicken, mashed potatoes, mac and cheese
- Friday Family Game Night – Wings, burgers and fries with family game suggestions
However, some people just prefer to cook at home. With many local grocers reducing hours and the need to practice social distancing, grocery baskets have also been popping up due to customer demand. Some operators are also taking advantage of bulk ordering and redistribution. Steal or expand on one of the following:
- Keep Times Sweet – Baking kit and instructions to make sweet treats for families
- Build & Bake Your Own Pizza Box – Marketed to families with bored kids and includes an option for either beer or wine for mom and dad.
- Take and Make Breakfast – Bundled eggs, bacon, butter, bread for toast, milk, and coffee or expressos would make a great take and bake option for those who prefer to cook at home. Throw in a roll of paper towels for the mess.
- Crockpot Quarantine Kit – marinated raw chicken, raw veggies, spices, all the ingredients to throw in the crockpot for a complete family dinner. Perhaps throw in a roll of toilet paper as extra incentive.
In these unprecedented times, we need to get creative. Meal kits are a great way to bring your brand into the homes of those who are growing weary during self-isolation. Thinking of ways to bundle fun themes with convenient raw or prepared meal ideas for your community may be a way to continue cashflow while we weather this storm.
This community is resilient, and we are all in this together.