Indoor Dining Prohibited Again in Chicago, Starting Friday

This article was written by Lisa Jennings with Restaurant Hospitality.

Ilinois Gov. J.B. Pritzker said Tuesday restaurant dining rooms across the city of Chicago would have to close again, starting Friday, as a result of rising COVID-19 metrics.

Pritzker said the mitigation efforts were necessary because of sustained increases in the positivity rate for COVID, as well as increases in hospitalizations for more than seven of the past 10 days. Earlier this week, restrictions were placed on suburban Cook County following a worsening of the pandemic crisis there. That move followed reclosings in DuPage, Kane, Kankakee and Will counties earlier this month.

Pritzker in a statement said the region that includes Chicago is averaging more than twice as many COVID-related hospital admissions per day as it was a month ago, with a positivity rate that has almost doubled since the beginning of October.

“So, starting on Friday, the city, too, will begin operating under our resurgence metrics, with a closure of indoor restaurant and bar service and a restrained gathering cap limit of 25 people,” Pritzker said.  “We can’t ignore what is happening around us — because without action, this could look worse than anything we saw in the spring. So please, no matter where you live, what your politics are, where you work or who you love, Illinois: mask up! And we’ll get through this together.”…

Read Full Article Here.



Read also:

Don’t Let your Menu go to the Dogs

Why Restaurants Shouldn’t ’86’ Marketing Efforts During COVID-19 – Top 5 Ways to Connect with your Guests

COVID-19 Relief is Emerging. Where to Turn for Help

Share: