Compeat understands that it is absolutely paramount that restaurant organizations trust their SaaS provider with their sensitive cloud hosted data. Compeat is dedicated to the security and protection of our customers’ data and we’re proud to say that we are now AICPA SOC (Service Organization Controls) 1 and 2 Type 1 certified. What does that mean? In short it means you can trust us.
The SOC 1 Type 1 report determine whether an organization’s financial controls and systems are designed appropriately to achieve the goals set to serve its customers.
The SOC 2 report focuses on an organization’s non-financial reporting controls as they relate to security, availability, processing integrity, confidentiality, and privacy of a system. It is based off of Five Trust Service Principals that are modeled around four broad areas – Policies, Communications, Procedures, and Monitoring.
The Five Trust Principals are:
- Security: The system is protected, both logically and physically, against unauthorized access.
- Availability: The system is available for operation and use as committed or agreed to.
- Processing Integrity:P System processing is complete, accurate, timely, and authorized.
- Confidentiality: Information that is designated “confidential” is protected as committed or agreed.
- Privacy: Personal information is collected, used, retained, and disclosed in conformity with the commitments in the entity’s privacy notice and with the privacy principles put forth by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) and the Canadian Institute of Chartered Accountants (CICA).