This article was written by Black Box Intelligence
- The industry had some small improvement in same-store sales growth year over year.
- August posted the best sales results since February, see full monthly analysis here.
- Restaurant traffic also experienced a small improvement compared to the previous week.
- Average spending per guest continues growing at an accelerated pace year over year.
- Average guest check growth for limited-service* segments have increased at the fastest rate; a persistent trend since the pandemic hit at the national level and off-premise-only became the norm.